Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My heart hurts for my YL girls.... 7/24/11


My heart hurts so bad, I miss my YL girls soooo much-to a ridiculous amount! I didn’t think it’d be this hard to leave them; I thought the excitement of a new city and new people would keep my mind distracted, but it hasn’t. If anything, I’m second guessing why I came here since I had SUCH a good thing going back home. I have to continually submit these thoughts to the Lord because I know I’m here for a reason and being here is part of his plan, but that still doesn’t mean I don’t feel differently sometimes. It doesn’t help that some people randomly questioned why I was going here; their face and reaction always plays in the back of my mind. I just have to trust God right now that this is where he wants me and good things are ahead for me.

My heart still is heavy though because I truly do miss my girls. I miss their hearts, I miss hanging out with them and pouring truth into them, I miss yelling at them and beating them up; overall I just miss them, period. I hate that I’ve left them for their senior year; I time when they begin to develop a foundation for who they are going to be in the future. I’m hoping I’ll be able to come home for Christmas so I can pour into them as much as possible! Until then, I need to find a balance of missing them but also being fully present at Hillsong. I don’t want to miss out on the unbelievable things that await me here. I hope my girls know how much I truly care about them and how broken my heart is that I’m not with them. I’m praying for them continually and I pray that we continue to stay in touch.

Random moment: I feel asleep with gum in my mouth last night only to have it get in my hair. Disgusting I know. What makes it worse was that it wasn’t like normal gum, nooooo; it was the kind of gum you get after you finish a blow part which turns rock hard after about 30 min. Yep, THAT gum was stuck in my hair. To top it all off, my apartment doesn’t have heating yet which means that rock hard gum was literally frozen into my hair…..awesome. haha, but no worries, with a little bit of peanut butter and a hot shower everything “worked it’s way out.” (no pun intended….well maybe J)

No comments:

Post a Comment