Friday, July 29, 2011

Everyday Heroes-7/27/11


I don’t feel a need to change the world, but rather, to change the lives of 12 who can then go on to change the lives of others. I’m passionate about the local community, for long term investments not short ones. I want to see transformed lives, not impacted, influenced or inspired ones. I want to see people radically and passionately fall in love with Jesus so that their lives are forever changed! I want to see high schoolers rise up in their schools and be leaders. I want to empower people to walk in the fullness of the Lord. I want to be able to stay close to the heart of the gospel and reach the broken and lost without using christianese and other church verbage. I want to take people on exciting adventures via roadtrips, camps, sleepovers etc…

You don’t have to be halfway across the world or be a nationally recognized speaker/artist/musician to be doing radical things for the Lord. We need everyday heroes. We need suburban heroes; People in the midst of temptation and comfort who radically chose to follow Christ with everything. The gospel is simple, and yet we find so many ways to complicate things. God has NEVER needed our glory, effort, or ideas. He’s the one who manifests his glory in us and we are just merely tools. The goal of the gospel is that we get God! He is our reward!--because he is enough! Walking in his strength and near his heart is more beautiful than the best talk I could have given to a stadium full of thousands of people. Being used by him to transform ONE person is more beautiful than inspiring thousands. Being able to walk humbly in the Lord focused on his voice is more beautiful than over-exerting myself trying to do so much for the kingdom when really all God wants is my heart. He wants me, all of me; and in that he chooses to use me for his glory.

This past year has been remarkable; I’ve seen more fruit come out of my work than ever before and yet, with less effort on my part. I’m starting to feel the Younglife may be my calling. Not only would it allow me to exercise all of my giftings, but I’d also be able to follow my passions. One of the biggest mission fields there is, is the typical high school. Hundreds of broken kids fill those halls everyday looking for someone to care and for someone to know them. For many, the decisions these kids make during this season of life, will dramatically offer the person they will become. This age group needs Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment