Thursday, July 28, 2011

My first day of class! -7/26/11


                Yes! Today is finally here! I’ve been waiting for this moment for what feels like an eternity! Today- is the first day of class. I’m soooo excited to be back in the classroom listening to lectures, writing papers, starting dialogues, and engaging in learning! I can’t wait to meet my professors and glean from their wisdom. I’ve already begun to pray for them and that with their guidance, the Lord will use them to pour truth into me that will not only be beneficial, but will also equip me for my future.
Up until this point there hasn’t been much going on except random apartment parties and people hanging out, which is great and all, but I kind of feel unsocial right now because I don’t really care to do those things haha. I don’t know if it’s because I lived in McKinney this past year and dabbled in the “the real world,” or because I’m just getting older, but I don’t feel particularly interested in getting caught up in everything social because it seems very “college-y.”  I’m ready to begin my career; I’m ready to start my life. I’m ready to become an adult and make mature responsible decisions that affect where I’m going and what I’m doing. Because of this mindset, I’m about to approach school with an extreme tenacity. I want to soak everything up! I want to take advantage of every opportunity, every wise counsel, and every nugget of wisdom so that I can walk out of here with no regrets. Obviously over time I’ll become more concerned with the social aspects of school, but right now I’m focused and ready to take in all that Hillsong has to offer in a serious fashion.
Wise quote a professor told me in conversation: “Wisdom is not taught, it’s gleaned”

1 comment:

  1. part of being "whole" in Christ is social... we have to be able to relate to all people in all stages of life- even those who are in the "college" stage when we're in our "pursuing education with tenacity" stage. Don't miss out on ministry to those who are around you in social settings by boxing off your time there. Ya feel me sister?! Praying for you. Love you loads.

    ReplyDelete