Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 2: Enrollment 7/23/11

The first two days of being in Sydney were kind of rough. From the moment I got off the airplane it’s been raining cats and dogs, not to mention that it’s winter here which makes it super gross because no one likes to be wet AND cold. On top of that I’m super jet lagged and want to fall asleep at the most random moments of the day. My eating schedule is off and I’m very hormonal because I was lucky enough to start my girl time of the month the same day I landed here, holla. Yesterday we finished orientation and we got to have chapel in the morning. Chapel was awesome! The principle of the college is a fierce woman named Katrina who’s super sarcastic and yet so wise. She spoke out of 2 Peter 1 and specifically used the theme verses that I had engraved on my heart this year.
“His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these, he has given us very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires”- 2 Peter 1:3-4. Gosh I love those verses so much! What a great reminder that God has equipped us with everything we need for life and being able to follow him; EVERYTHING! Wow
               
Chapel was awesome because I felt the spirit of God move intensely throughout the room. I sat there worshipping with tears rolling down my face triggered by a deep sense of gratitude I felt as the joy of the Lord took over. Even though I was crying, they were tears of joy. I was celebrating the freedom that I’m now encountering everyday as my heart and mind continue to be enlightened by the magnitude of the cross; the freedom that awaits every believer who believes in faith the reality of who their creator is. The God of the universe not only wants to know me and speak to me, but his power-the same power that rose people from the dead- lives inside of me! HOLY COW! How is there any room for fear or insecurity once your heart truly grasps this?
            
The people at Hillsong “are my kind of people” (Mrs. Banas). Hearing them go over the fabric of “who they are” pumped me up like crazy. These people are passionate about Jesus, and are passionate about empowering and rising up the next generation of leaders. Discipleship and leadership are two passions of mine, which means this year is about to rock my world because not only are those two areas going to be refined in my own life, but I’m also going to be equipped and trained on how to do these things better.
          
 My roommates are awesome. One of them is 19 and is from California. She is super sweet and outgoing and has a passion for life. God has blessed her and her family and I’m excited about continuing to get to know her better. My actual roommate is 26 and is from Finland. She’s super sweet and quiet and I’m pumped about the wisdom that I’m going to learn from her. My other roommate is from Canada and I haven’t had the chance to meet her yet but I hear she’s awesome! Going in to Hillsong, my biggest fear/stress was my living situation and the roommates I was going to have. I spent countless times praying diligently for God’s sovereignty in placing me with my roommates so I’m confident that good lessons are going to come from this situation.

Class begins Monday, and I’m sure life is about to get really hectic. I want to continue to maintain a strong focus for where my strength and energy lie.
1.       My confidence doesn’t come from myself but the Father, who works for the good of those who love him
2.       God is my justifier and I don’t need to look for approval from anyone else other than him
3.       I serve a God who has set me free from slavery, there’s no need to be burdened again by past scars and wounds
4.       There is no good in me, none at all. Everything good in me is from the Lord and I need to be continually reminded of that so I can repent from my self-righteousness and pride and walk humbly with the Lord
5.       Grace: I swim in grace

No comments:

Post a Comment