Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Anxious Thoughts on Australia at 4 in the morning....

From the safety net, to the jungle. A state of total dependency on the one who justifies me. But really, does it get any better than that!?! That intimacy is what woos me, it's beautiful. Exciting, yet terrifying. Growth and wisdom await me as I leave the shackles of what I used to be, and plunge forward into the depth of even more grace. My identity is no longer in what I've done, or what's been done to me, but rather; the King who redeems me. My confidence doesn't come from my intelligence, personality, or accomplishments because I know that all those are gifts from the Father who gives generously. There is no good in me, none at all. And if I try to trick myself into thinking anything beyond that, I've missed the mark. I don't feel the need to prove myself to anyone or anything because my eyes are fixed intensely on the one who's calling me out of the desert. The one who renews my strength like the eagles and redeems my life from the pit. I'm ready to encounter the living God who's ANXIOUS to reveal more and more about who he is, and his plan for me. While I don't know much, all I know is that he works out everything for the conformity of his will and that his ways are higher than my ways. So you know what they say, if God is for me, who can be against me? Australia here I come!!!

1 comment: