Sunday, September 18, 2011

I am in love--poem written in response to a church talk that rocked my world

I am in love;
knocked out, head over heels in love.
My heart beats ferociously to the beat of a wild drum as His words wash over me:
I.AM.HIS.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, to lofty for me to attain!
He speaks LIFE over me; He rejoices over me with singing
In the midst of hopelessness and insecurity He looks at me and tells me how beautiful you are my darling there is no flaw in you
I.AM.HIS

He brings me birds to sing me love songs, sunsets for my gazing and flowers for my pleasing.
He takes me on beautiful adventures and long walks along the beach

In my brokenness and silence is when His presence is felt deeply; I know I can cast all cares onto Him
And what sets Him apart from all the others……He’s completely, 100% invested into EVERYTHING that happens in and around my life

He WANTS to know; he WANTS to listen
He wants to be my protector, provider, and provision
He wants to, because He possesses the power to be those things and He is.
By his nature, He is.

Not only is He loving, but He is love.
To know Him is love
To be near Him is to walk in love.

Oh how I delight in His presence; Oh how I delight in His words!
He knows every part of me, and even on the days where I’ve messed up He still chooses YES for me

By His strength He leads me in victory.
The battle has already been won and He’s anxious to share with me the abundance that has been set aside for me

Not only has His love completely restored even the most shameful parts of me, but He’s continuing to renovate.
I am no longer identified by what’s been done to me, but rather, by Him.
HE identifies me, and his banner over me is love.

He speaks tenderly to me; He doesn’t leave when I share my most hidden secrets because He fears nothing.
Nothing is subject to Him;
His love is stronger, deeper, higher and wider than what my heart can fathom.
He doesn’t have commitment issues because DELIGHTS in covenantal promises.
Even in the midst of my failures and rebellion all He asks for is faithfulness.
Faithfulness, that’s it.

Today Father, teach me to remember;
Teach me to remember so that I don’t forget the goodness of who you are,
that I will walk in gratitude and humility in light of the cross so that I can remain faithful to my life source

1 comment:

  1. You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride;
    you have stolen my heart
    with one glance of your eyes,
    with one jewel of your necklace.
    Song of Solomon 4:9

    It's amazing to think that we ravish His heart.....and yet, one glimpse of His love leaves us desiring more! Beautiful poem, and even more beautiful revelation! Give her more, Lord.....Ephesians 1:17

    Love you, Laura.....

    ReplyDelete